If you are here, looking for a positive solution to the rising costs of Health Insurance and The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, better known as ObamaCare, you have come to the right place...
Every day, thousands discover Health Care Sharing Ministries as a positive solution to health insurance. Sharing ministries similar to Altrua HealthShare have been around for nearly thirty years, and billions of dollars of health care needs have been shared in by fellow members.Health Care Sharing Ministries are NOT insurance but in several ways can operate similarly. Sharing ministries are faith-based and members are called to abide by a certain set of standards established through the member guidelines and the application of a Statement of Faith or a Statement of Standards particular to each individual Health Care Sharing Ministry. As a member of a Health Care Sharing Ministry (HCSM), one is considered by the medical profession to be a self-pay patient. Self-pay patients typically enjoy lower costs than are charged to health insurance companies. HCSM members do not participate in subsidizing or paying for certain lifestyles that continue to add to the rising costs associated with insurance companies. Members of a sharing ministry remain self-pay, but they benefit from having other members who believe in caring for one another through the Health Care Sharing Ministry.Altrua HealthShare and its membership opportunities are developed and based on biblical guidelines established for living a healthy and honorable lifestyle according to Godly principles. Altrua HealthShare does not lean towards one denomination, religion or walk of faith. Altrua HealthShare leaves the convictions of each individual to honor the Statement of Standards for becoming a member.Altrua HealthShare's required STATEMENT OF STANDARDS:
- Because of my biblical convictions, I choose to live a clean and wholesome life, and share the following standards and convictions with members of Altrua HealthShare.
- I believe in keeping my body clean with proper nutrition and consuming foods in moderation. I believe that the use of tobacco, illicit drugs, and excessive alcohol consumption is harmful to body and soul.
- According to the word of God sexual relations outside the bond of marriage between a man and a woman are morally wrong.
- I believe that abortion is wrong, except in special circumstances such as rape or serious injury to the mother, and then, only after careful consideration by all concerned.
- I believe that I am obligated to provide and care for my family and that abuse of any kind, of a family member or anyone else is wrong.And through our agency, this program is available to
- Employer Groups, with or without employer sponsorship
- Houses of Worship members
- Social Organization membersAltrua HealthShare information